- Differentiate between taxed and untaxed items
- Show the tax (VAT/GST/HST) applied to each line item
- Make it clear that services were taxed but expenses were not
- Clio Web app
- If you update your default Bill Theme, this change will automatically apply to all future bills as well as existing bills using that theme.
- The Bill Theme should save automatically. If it has not, you will see a green Save button at the top-right (click there).
To show which items on a Bill were taxed you will need to edit your Bill Theme:
- Go to Settings
- Select Billing
- Click on Bill Themes
- Click on the theme that you would like to edit
- On the Edit Bill Theme page, from the menu at the top-left, select Matter > Services/Combined Orderings and drag Tax from Hidden Columns to Showing Columns (Note: columns on the bill will display from left to right in the order they are listed here from top to bottom)
- From that same menu, select Matter > Expense Orderings and drag Tax from Hidden Columns to Showing Columns