- Record a Payment that exceeds the amount due on the Bill in New Clio
- I Can't Apply an Overpayment on an invoice
- Can I record an overpayment on a bill?
- How to apply a payment that is higher than the invoice total
- Hold a credit for a client after an over payment
- Clio Manage
- You can only overpay invoices from the Payment field beside the Matter line. If you attempt to enter the amount in the Payment Amount field beside Total Open Balance, you will receive the error "Payment amount cannot exceed total balance".
- The additional amount will remain within the Operating Account as a balance for the client.
- However, the overpayment won't be displayed in the Statement of Accounts section of the bill
- You are not able to record an overpayment from the Trust Account
- Click Record Payment for the Bill in question
- Select the payment Source
- Enter the total Payment amount in the Payment field beside the Matter Name
- Click Record Payment