- Filing emails with the Outlook Add-in
- Clio Outlook Add-in
- Start composing a new email in Outlook
- Select Clio Outlook Add-In from the menu below the email
- Pin the Clio Add-in in Outlook (this will make it visible when composing new emails)
- Select a matter (a matter may be suggested based on the email address in the To or cc field)
- Optional: File attachments (on by default)
- Optional: Add a time entry. Select an Activity Category and input a duration and description. The rate will be pre-filled based on the established rate hierarchy. This Activity will be added to the matter defined in step 4 and will not be associated with the communication log.
- Compose the email and click Send
- Clio Manage will file the newly sent email as an email log in that matter's communications. Attachments are saved into Clio Manage Documents under that matter in a folder named 'Email Attachments'. A time entry will be created in the associated matter.
Note: If you are composing and sending an email from a different email than you use to log into Clio, you may need to add an Email Alias to your Clio account for the email to be logged properly.