- Understand figures on the Trust Ledger Report
- Obtain accurate totals for client trust balances
- Why is the Trust Ledger Report showing a negative Trust balance when the Matter/Client is not?
- Clio Manage
- For additional possible causes, please click here
- This Ledger was generated for a date range, meaning Fund activities recorded outside of that date range do not show up. Therefore, without including the Opening Balance, if there was only a withdrawal of funds from Trust, it will appear that the Client has a negative balance.
- This can also occur in other situations, which may require further investigation.
- Generated for a Date Range without checking the box to Include Opening Balance, and the deposit was made prior to the selected start date
- A negative balance exists somewhere in relation to the Client, either at the Client or Matter level