- Fully Delete a Custom Field
- Completely Remove a Custom Field from All Matters
- Deleting a Custom Field fully
- Clio Web App
- When deleting a Custom Field, you will also have the option to 'Also remove this custom field from all matters.' If you do not check this box, the field will continue to exist in the matters where it is currently added.
- To locate the matters where a particular Custom Field has been added, export All Matters in CSV format. You can then open the file in Excel and Filter by the column for each Custom Field: How Do I Export Matters From Clio?
- Note: If you do not see a Matter with the Custom Field in your Export, consider whether it may have restricted Permissions
When a Custom Field itself has been deleted (but not removed from matters), it must be removed individually from each of the matters where it is currently added. This can be done by editing each applicable matter and clicking on Remove alongside that field.