- What does clicking 'Smart File' in Outlook do?
- How does 'Smart File' work in the Outlook Add In?
- Clio Web App
- Emails do not need to be previously filed
- "Smart File" scans the body of the email, and figures where to file it. You will be asked to confirm it's the location
- Previously filed email threads that contain new emails will get filed to the last Matter it was filed to.
Choosing Smart File means the Outlook Add In will scan your inbox to see what new emails you've gotten in the last 48 hours that you might want to file to Clio that you haven't already filed. It will also look for replies to threads that have already been filed. The reply will be filed as a separate email log.