Footers are a useful, yet overlooked, place to put information - be it contact information, a promotion or the types of payments and credit cards you accept. In some cases, graphics or images are more useful than text. In order to add an image to the footer of your Clio bills, you must have the image hosted either on your website, or on an image storage site such as Photobucket or Flickr.
Please Note: Size the images appropriately before uploading them to a separate site.
Once you have your images hosted on a separate site, do the following:
- Go to your Settings, click "Billing" in the Clio Settings column, then click the "Bill Themes" sub-tab.
- Click the Bill Theme you want to edit.
- Select "Footer" to bring up the Footer Edit Screen.
- Click the "Insert Item" button.
- Enter the full image URL, for example:
- Click "OK."
- The image appears in the Edit box:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Bill Theme and see how the image looks in the Footer. If necessary, go back to the Footer Edit screen to make changes or adjustments.
Now, each time you send a bill to a Client, the image will be included in the Footer.
I've entered the image URL correctly, but my linked image isn't showing up. What did I do wrong?
A common reason for this issue is the sharing permission settings on your image hosting service. Make sure that the image you are trying to link to is available to be shared publicly.
I am hosting my file in Dropbox. My sharing permissions are set to public, but the linked image still isn't working. What did I do wrong?
The sharing link URL that Dropbox provides does not link directly to the image, but to a webpage with the image on it. We can, however, do a slight alteration of the Dropbox image link URL so that the image works correctly.
To do this, start with the URL that Dropbox provides. It will look something like this: https://www.dropboxusercontent.com/s/62rs53741cuv4wv/Don%20Draper%20signature.png?dl=0
Delete the "www" before ".dropboxusercontent" and replace it with "dl". The new URL will look something like this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/62rs53741cuv4wv/Don%20Draper%20signature.png?dl=0
This new URL will link directly to the image, and will work in the Clio Bill Theme footer.