When you create a campaign in Clio's Campaign Tracker, it will be added to the Campaigns dashboard where you can track and manage costs, and view the return on investment (ROI) of your campaigns at a glance.
This article details the following:
- an overview of the Campaigns dashboard
- editing campaign information
- managing expenses/costs
- ending campaigns
For information on how to create phone number tracking campaigns and manual campaigns, click HERE.
For information on how to create and manage campaign leads, click HERE.
Note that only administrators have access to the Campaigns tab.
Whenever you create a campaign in Clio, it will be added to the Campaigns dashboard where you can track the success of each campaign based on the numbers of clients that you bring in and your return on investment.
- The first column displays the name of your campaigns, the initial expense date (the "started" date), and quick links to manage the campaign.
- The second column will display the tracking phone number generated for a campaign (if applicable). This is the phone number that you must use in your advertising and marketing campaigns. Hover your cursor over the icon to view the phone number that in-coming calls will be forwarded to.
- The third column provides the return on investment (ROI) calculations for each of your campaigns. ROI is calculated by: (total revenue - total spent) / total spent
- The remaining columns provide you with campaign metrics:
- The total amount spent on the campaign.
- The total revenue collected from the clients that you brought in through the campaign.
- The number of leads brought in by the campaign and the cost of the campaign broken down by number of leads.
- The number of clients brought in by the campaign and the cost of the campaign broken down by number of clients.
Note: a lead becomes a client when the lead has been converted to a Contact and a Matter has been created.
- Campaigns that have been greyed out and lack quick links are campaigns that you have ended. These campaigns can no longer be edited or managed.
- The "Totals" row gives combined ROI, costs, and revenue totals for all of your campaigns.
You can edit or update your campaign details, including the forwarding number, at any time while the campaign is active.
Important Note: you are not able to change the tracking phone number generated by a campaign. If you need to get a new tracking phone number, you will have to end the current campaign and create a new one.
To update a campaign's details, click the "Edit" quick link.
In the Edit Campaign wizard, you are able to modify details in steps 1 and 3. This means that you are able to update:
- the campaign name
- add or edit expenses
- the phone number that in-coming calls are forwarded to (for campaigns that use a tracking phone number)
Once you have updated the campaign details, click the "Save" button in step 4.
For ongoing campaigns, we suggest that you update campaign costs each time that your are invoiced for your ad. This will ensure that your ROI calculation is accurate and useful.
To add or edit the costs associated with a campaign, click the "Manage Expenses" quick link.
In the "Manage Expenses" window, you can edit the amounts and dates associate with any past amounts that you have already recorded, or click the "Add additional expense" button to add the next invoice amount. Click "Save" when you finished managing the campaign's costs.
When you decide to end an advertisement or marketing campaign, you can do so by clicking on the "End Campaign" quick link.
Important Note: ending a campaign is a permanent action and no new leads will be recorded on a campaign that has ended.
To end a campaign, click the "End Campaign" quick link.
In the "End Campaign" warning window, you will be required to check the box indicating that you have read and understood the warning text before you can click the "End Campaign" button.
When you end a campaign that has a tracking phone number, in-coming calls to that number will still be forwarded to the forwarding phone number you had specified in the campaign. This is to allow you keep the phone number active for as long as you need to communicate a new phone number to your clients if required.
Important Note: You will continue to be charged a monthly fee for campaign phone numbers that are still active. You must release the phone number in order to stop being billed.
To release a phone number, click the "Release Phone Number" link for your completed campaign.
In the "Release Phone Number" warning window, you will be required to check the box indicating that you have read and understood the warning text before you can click the "Release Number" button.