With Campaign Tracker, you can add a contact form to your website that is connected to a Clio campaign and creates a lead with each submission. This contact form includes fields for name, email, phone, and message.
This article details all of the steps involved in adding a Campaign Tracker contact form to your website.
- For information on how to create phone number tracking campaigns and manual campaigns, click HERE.
- For information on how to manage your existing campaigns (including adding expenses and ending campaigns), click HERE.
- For information on how to create and manage campaign leads, click HERE.
Create a new campaign specifically for your website contact form.
In step 1 of the New Campaign wizard, the name that you use for your Campaign will be used to generate the "Utm campaign" code. The "Utm campaign" reference is found in the final step.
You can add an expense amount later if you incurred a cost associated with the development of the web form.
In step 2 of the New Campaign wizard, click the "Skip phone setup" link.
Finally, you will be advanced to step 4 in the wizard. Here you will see the example "Utm campaign" code "webiste_form" has been created.
Click "Save" to complete the campaign setup.
Once you have created the campaign, click on the "Web Form Setup" button. Alternately, you can click on "web form setup" in Step 4 of creating your campaign.
In order to complete the setup steps on this page, you will be required to prepare the following:
- a webpage that should contain your contact form
- a webpage that people should be redirected to after submitting your contact form
- an email address that all form submissions should be directed to
On the Web Form Setup page, jump to step 2 and click on the "Need help? Use the URL generator" link.
This will display 2 fields:
- URL of your contact form: enter in the URL of the page that should contain the contact form
- Campaign: click to select the appropriate campaign related to this web form
Once you have added this info, click the "Generate" button. This will display the URL that you need to use anywhere that you want to link to this contact form (including links on your own website, links in online directories, and links in your online ads).
Next, move down to step 3 and enter in the email address that form submissions should be sent to and the webpage that people should be redirected to after submitting the contact form. Click the "Save" button.
The remaining steps involve adding the code to your website.
There are 2 pieces of code that need to be added to the webpage that should contain your contact form.
Note that this HTML is not styled and you will have to add styling to the form fields as required.
Important: If you modify the HTML, you cannot alter any of the form parameters; nor can you delete or add fields to the contact form.