Clio's Client Activity Report is designed to give firms a detailed breakdown of billed and unbilled time and expense activities across client matters. It does NOT include non-billable time. This report is categorized by date, activity status, user, description, note, quantity, price, and total.
Generate the report
To generate this report:
- In Clio Manage, select Reports in the left navigation menu.
- Click Client or scroll down to Client reports and select Client activity.
- Choose from several settings within the report options page to get the information you need for your report.
- Select client: select All clients to view data for all firm clients, or Specific client to view data for a specific client.
- Select practice area: the default setting for sorting by practice area is All practice areas. You also have the option to choose a Specific practice area.
- Select date range: you can filter your report results by choosing to see data in a specific date range. If a date range is specified, you will see transaction data specific to that date range.
- Output format: you can generate this report as a Web, PDF, or CSV version. The Web report will display in your Clio Manage browser window. Both the PDF and CSV file can be downloaded and printed.
Click Generate report.
When this report is generated, it will show billed and unbilled time and expensive activities. Billed activities are from approved and/or paid bills. Unbilled activity entries are on bills that have not been approved, which includes bills in draft and bills pending approval.
- Date: this column displays the date that the activity was recorded. Activities that occur on the same day will appear in random order.
- Status: this column shows whether activity items are billed or unbilled. Activities are divided by billed and unbilled status, with billed activities being displayed first with their subtotal, followed by unbilled activities.
- User: this column lists the firm user who created the activity entry.
- Description: this column displays the activity category that was selected when the entry was created.
- Note: this column displays the description of the activity that was entered when the entry was created.
- Quantity: this column displays the total number of hours or expenses.
- Price: this column displays the selected rate of the time and expense entries.
- Total: this column displays the total cost of the time and expense entries. This value can be different from the value under Price. For example, if Quantity is listed as 0.50, Price is $500, then Total would be $250. You will also see matter and client totals for each matter.
The PDF and Web versions of the report include billed, matter, and client totals for each client. These report versions also include a final tally at the bottom of the report that lists the overall total billed and unbilled hours and money amounts across all clients and matters.
You can sort or remove columns and rows if you generate the report as a CSV, including sorting by matter number. Learn more about filtering and sorting reports in Excel by reading this article.