Thinking about trying Clio? Try it for free!
- Get my data out of insightly
- Migrate from insightly
- Export from insightly
- insightly migration
- Get data from insightly to Clio
Please note that the success of any data migration depends primarily on the quality of the data set provided to us. Before attempting to migrate your information into Clio, you should ensure that your data is consistently formatted, well organized, sufficiently backed up, and stored securely. If you are not certain, it is recommended that you consult with your Clio representative before proceeding.
To export data, users must have export permissions. Insightly admins can access this setting by clicking Profile icon > System Settings > Users and checking the box next to the Data Export Enabled option for a user.
Exporting data from all tabs:
To export all the records of a certain type, such as contacts or organizations:
- From the left navigation bar, select the page you would like to export records from (Contacts, Organizations, Opportunities, Projects, or Tasks).
- Select type
- On the right sidebar you’ll see the Import/Export section. Click the Export link.
- Export link
- For records like contacts and organizations, you will be presented with another page of options to select from. Click the appropriate link for exporting contacts, organizations, or their notes.
- The export will produce a CSV file which you can save from your browser. You can rename the file and choose a folder to save it to.
- Repeat these steps for each category where you have data to export.
Exporting a subset of data from a tab:
These steps are similar to those above, but first you will narrow down your list of records. To export select records:
- Select the page you would like to export records from (Contacts, Organizations, Opportunities, Projects, or Tasks).
- Narrow down the list of records by using one of the following methods:
- Choose an option from the Filter or View lists above the records. (This is the only option for tasks.)
- Select from the tag list in the right sidebar.
- Create a custom filter.
- Click the checkbox above the records. This will select all the visible records.
- Click the More button which appears above the list, then Export. Your browser will save the file to your computer.