- Get my data out of ELaw
Please note that success of any data migration depends primarily on the quality of the data set provided to us. Before attempting to migrate your information into Clio, you should ensure that your data is consistently formatted, well organized, sufficiently backed up, and stored securely. If you are not certain, it is recommended that you consult with your Clio representative before proceeding
To export Contacts and Matters from Elaw:
- Go to elawsoftware.com
- Click customer logon.
- Page should load up asking for username and password, have client enter it.
- Once homepage opens, go to Create
- Load "Client Letter Search"
- Change "Template Letter" to "Export"
- Scroll down until you see "Fields to Export"
- Click "Select all"
- Scroll to the top and click on "Create Letters"
- Rename downloaded file to indicate what it is
- Repeat steps 1-10 only select "Case Letter Search" for step 5.
- Go back to the main page and click on "Closed Files"
- Repeat steps 1-11 for the closed files
To export Calendar from ELaw:
- Click "Create" on homepage
- Click "PDA Export