- Get my data out of Timeslips 2012 - 2016
- Migrate from Timeslips 2012 - 2016
- Export from Timeslips 2012 - 2016
- Get data from Timeslips 2012 - 2016 to Clio
Please note that success of any data migration depends primarily on the quality of the data set provided to us. Before attempting to migrate your information into Clio, you should ensure that your data is consistently formatted, well organized, sufficiently backed up, and stored securely. If you are not certain, it is recommended that you consult with your Clio representative before proceeding
- There will be 2 contact listings with this export- this is expected behavior. It's due to the 2012 version providing bad mailing address information.
- Exporting contacts with both templates gives a better chance of more contact information.
- A unique problem with Timeslips exports is sometimes the exports will omit contacts. It may have to do with the way Timeslips database recognizes the contact, and if it was added after a certain date, it won't be included in the export as it's not recognized by the database. Please contact your Timeslips Support to ask them for a full contact listing if this occurs.
- if it's the first time you've ever run the export function, you may get a Create an Export Template window that has an option to Open Report Entry.
- You can also get a Client Listing in .csv by running a Client Info Listing Report from the main Reports tab
Download these three ".rdf" files to your desktop:
- Open Timeslips
- Click File > Export
- Click Open Report Entry
- Right-click the Whitespace and pick Import File
- Locate the .rdf files
- Select .csv as the file type and Save As
- Save in location you can easily access
- Make sure the Include Field Labels option is checked before saving
- Repeat process for all three reports. Be sure to close the entire export window out and start from Step #1 each time.