- Get my Contacts and Time Entries out of Timeslips
Please note that success of any data migration depends primarily on the quality of the data set provided to us. Before attempting to migrate your information into Clio, you should ensure that your data is consistently formatted, well organized, sufficiently backed up, and stored securely. If you are not certain, it is recommended that you consult with your Clio representative before proceeding
- There will be 2 contact listings with this export- this is expected behavior. It's due to the 2012 version providing bad mailing address information, but including email addresses, while the older template provides good mailing address information and no email addresses.
- Exporting contacts with both templates gives a better chance of more contact information.
- A unique problem with Timeslips exports is sometimes the exports will omit contacts. It may have to do with the way Timeslips database recognizes the contact, and if it was added after a certain date, it won't be included in the export as it's not recognized by the database. Please contact your Timeslips Support to ask them for a full contact listing if this occurs.
Download the 3 ".rdf" files to your desktop:
- Open Timeslips
- Select File-> Export
- Right click on the left blank, "whitespace" part of the window that loads up, and select "Import File."*
- Navigate and locate one of the 3 export reports.
- Select csv file to save as.
- Save in location you can easily locate.
- Make sure the "Include field labels" option is checked before saving.
- Repeat process for all 3 reports. Be sure to close the entire export window out and start from Step #1 each time.
*NOTE: If it's the first time you've ever run the export function, you may get a "Create a Export Template" window that has an option to "Open Report Entry." Click the "Open Report Entry" button, and continue clicking "next" until you get to the following window, which brings you to #3.