- Calculating Realization Rate
- Calculating the Billable Hours Worked
- Clio Web App
- Utilization Rate is the percentage of time a person spends doing billable work
- Example of how to calculate your workday hours: I worked on average 40 hours a week, but I took 1 week off during Christmas and 2 weeks for vacation. Therefore, I worked 49 weeks at 40 hours per week. To determine my available workday hours for the year, I would calculate 40 hours x 49 weeks= I worked 1960 hours in 2017
- To view the Legal Trends Report, click here.
To determine your Utilization Rate, you need to calculate your available workday hours and billable hours for the year. Once you've calculated these two metrics, divide billable hours worked by available workday hours calculated.
Step 1: To determine available workday hours, calculate the hours that you work on average for the year and deduct your vacation, time off or sick days. View instructions in additional information.
Step 2: To determine your Billable Hours Worked for the year, complete the following steps:
- Select Activities
- Select the Time button
- Enter the date range for the year in the two date fields. Example: 01/01/2017 and 31/12/2017. A list of Entries for the year for yourself will be listed below with a total Billable Hours Worked at the bottom of the screen.
- If you would like to see time for an alternate user, select Filters and input the user into the Firm user field and select Apply filters
Step 3: Take your Billable hours worked and divide it by your available workday hours calculated in Steps 1 and 2. This is your Utilization Rate.