- Matter Number sequence seemingly jumps randomly (ie. New Matter is jumping from 18-00013 to 18-00067) when using Matter Number by Year.
- Clio Web App
Matter of a previous year has been re-opened and was edited to have the Open Date in the current year. Because the current Matter Numbering Scheme is set to Matter Numbering (Per Year)/Yearly Matter Number, this results in the next Matter number to jump to follow the number of the re-opened Matter.
For more on setting your matter numbering schema, see here.
Open Dates need to be adjusted to completely resolve the issue.
- Confirm that you currently have [yearly matter number] and [open date yy] or [open date year] within your current Settings
- Once confirmed, click go to the main Matters tab
- Click the All subtab
- Click Export at the bottom of the page and select Export All Columns
- Export as a .CSV
- Open the .CSV file on your local desktop
- Review the Matter Open Date column for any Matters from the previous year that have an Open Date in the current year
- Return to Clio and Edit the Open Date for all Matters from the previous year with the incorrect Open Date
- Save Matter changes
- Create a new Matter and confirm that it is populating the correct Matter number
- If not, repeat steps 10 - 17