- Modify a CSV of Related Contacts to upload into Clio
- Get my Matter Relationships from another Clio account
- Clio Web App
- Microsoft Excel (or another spreadsheet program)
Before uploading this CSV into a Clio account, ensure that you have first imported Matters, otherwise the import will fail.
Note that if your Matter names or Matter Descriptions contain colons, steps 6 to 10 may inadvertently result in some Matters breaking into more than 2 columns.
- Go to https://app.clio.com/nc/#/settings?path=export (or https://app.clio.eu/nc/#/settings?path=export for users on our European servers)
- Click Excel ready CSV next to "Contact Related Matters"
- Open the downloaded CSV file in Excel
- Use Text to Columns to separate the Matter Name and Matter Description (see here)
- Repeat steps 4 for column I, only use the "space" delimiter, instead of a colon
- Copy Column C and Paste it into Column A (overwriting what was there)
- Copy Column I and Paste it into Column D (overwriting what was there)
- Copy Column J and Paste it into Column E (overwriting what was there)
- Rename the following Fields (note that each is case sensitive):
- A1 as "matter"
- B1 as "relationship"
- C1 as "company"
- D1 as "first_name"
- E1 as "last_name"
- Select all columns starting with Column F and continuing to Column J
- Click Delete
- Save the CSV
- Import the CSV to Clio (starting at step 3, here)