Thinking about trying Clio? Try it for free!
- Get my data out of Smokeball
- Migrate from Smokeball
- Export from Smokeball
- Smokeball migration
- Get data from Smokeball to Clio
Please note that the success of any data migration depends primarily on the quality of the data set provided to us. Before attempting to migrate your information into Clio, you should ensure that your data is consistently formatted, well organized, sufficiently backed up, and stored securely. If you are not certain, it is recommended that you consult with your Clio representative before proceeding.
To export Matters:
- Navigate to the Reports tab in the bottom left-hand corner of the Smokeball application window
- Select Report: "Matter - Full List"
- Change the parameters on the right-hand side to reflect the desired date range for the export, and ensure the other options are left at "All" which is the default. Then click Submit.
- Change the export type from "Pdf" to "Csv" from the toolbar below the report selection option
- Click the floppy disk icon to open up the save dialog – choose the icon without the paper icon with it to simply download the report without viewing it in a new window
- Choose the desired save location and click Save to complete the export
To export Contacts, follow the above steps but select "Contacts" from the drop-down list in Step 2.
To export Calendar information via Outlook:
- Set up a sync between Smokeball and Outlook following these instructions
- If you're using Outlook Desktop on Windows, follow these instructions to set up a calendar sync with Clio
- If using Outlook via Office 365, set up the Clio Calendar Sync using these instructions