- Can I Export a Matter twice?
- Exporting a Matter multiple times from Clio Grow to Clio Manage
- How can I continue to use Clio Grow after Hire?
- Do I have to stop using Clio Grow after completing a Matter Export?
- Is it possible to Export a Matter many times?
- If I re-export a Matter to Clio, what information gets overwritten?
- How to Export Existing Matter From Grow to Manage?
- Exporting Documents Existing Matter in Grow to Manage.
- Clio Grow
- Clio Manage
Yes, you can export a matter to Manage and then re-export that same matter to Manage again at a later time. This will allow you to update the matter in Manage with any new information that has been collected in Clio Grow, such as intake forms and documents.
Please note: Certain default fields will be overwritten if changes were made in Clio Manage after the initial export. For example, if we create a contact, "John Doe", in Grow and export them to Manage and subsequently edit the contact's name in Manage, the next export from Grow to Manage will change the user's name back to "John Doe". This is provided that the change that was made in Clio Manage was not also manually done in Clio Grow.
A complete list of items/fields that will be overwritten if different from the initial export is provided below:
Items that will be overwritten on re-export:
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Email addresses
- Phone numbers
- Physical Addresses
- Company information
- Contact Notes (If an existing note is edited. New notes in Grow will get added as new notes in Manage)
- Matter Notes (If an existing note is edited. New notes in Grow will get added as new notes in Manage)
Other items such as custom fields, documents, uploaded files, submitted intake forms will be added to the matter if new, otherwise, they will not overwrite the initial item that was exported to Manage. This also includes blank custom fields which already exist on a matter in Clio Manage