|Clio Connect is accessible via a web browser. We will soon be launching Clio for Clients, which is a portal accessible by mobile for communicating and collaborating with clients. You can learn more about Clio for Clients on Clio’s website.|
Note: If you have previously set up a Clio Connect account and accessed resources shared with you by your lawyer, please log into Clio Connect here.
What is Clio Connect?
Clio Connect is a secure, web-based client portal which allows legal clients and co-counsel to collaborate with lawyers on cases online. Legal clients can access specific resources shared by their lawyer, such as Documents, Tasks, Calendar events, and Invoices, in addition to an encrypted Secure Messaging feature for communication.
Is there a Clio Connect mobile app?
No. At this time there is no Clio Connect mobile app.
Can I access Clio Connect on a mobile device?
Yes. There is, however, no native mobile app.
How do I access Clio Connect?
As a legal client:
To access Clio Connect, your lawyer must share an initial resource with you, via email, inviting you to access a resource in Clio Connect. You must then set up your account.
- Find the invitation email from your lawyer in your email inbox. The subject line should reference your law firm’s name and the item being shared. (Note: Please check your junk folders.)
- Click on the link in the email. If this is your first time using Clio Connect, you will need to set up an account.
- To get set up with Clio Connect, complete a form with your name, email, and a secure password. Your password will be used for all future logins.
As a lawyer or legal professional:
Clio Connect is available to lawyers and legal professionals who have a Clio subscription.
- Law firms do not need to set up a Clio Connect account—unless using it to collaborate with other firms as co-counsel.
As a client, how do I access a file my lawyer has shared with me?
Once you've been invited to use Clio Connect by your lawyer and have set up your Clio account, you can access files in two ways:
- By clicking on the “View [Item Name]” link in the email from your lawyer.
- By signing into Clio Connect directly and accessing files in the web portal.
I’m not sure if my lawyer is using Clio Connect or another tool.
Please reach out to your lawyer so they can confirm with you.
Where can I learn more about accessing resources in Clio Connect?