Thinking about trying Clio? Try it for free!
- Get my data out of Orion
- Migrate from Orion
- Export from Orion
- Get data from Orion to Clio
Please note that the success of any data migration depends primarily on the quality of the data set provided to us. Before attempting to migrate your information into Clio, you should ensure that your data is consistently formatted, well organized, sufficiently backed up, and stored securely. If you are not certain, it is recommended that you consult with your Clio representative before proceeding.
- Open Orion
- On the left side panel, navigate to Desktop > Reports
- Click Standard Reports > File Maintenance
- To export Contacts, choose Client Listing
- Ensure that the Style selected is Details (system)
- Apply any filters under the Options section
- Choose Export > Excel Data File
The file will be automatically opened after export. An error may occur if there is no valid program installed.
- Repeat Steps 3-7, but choose the Matter Listing option for Step 3.
As the exports doesn’t properly format the headers, you will also need to export the Client Listing and Matter Listing in a PDF to manually adjust the headers