- File outgoing emails
- Add time to outgoing emails
- Clio's Outlook Add-in
- For steps on installing the Outlook Add-in, see here.
- Pinning the Add-in is only available on Outlook 2016 and newer. Older versions require the Add-in to be opened each time.
- You must pin the Add-in to the Compose email screen, even if you have already pinned it to the Inbox.
- Start composing a new email in Outlook
- Select Clio Outlook Add-In from the menu below the email
- Pin the Clio Add-in in Outlook (this will make it visible when composing new emails)
- Select a matter (a matter may be suggested based on the email address in the To or cc field). You will notice the "Clio Maildrop" address is added to the BCC field of the email
- In order to add a time entry, select an Activity Category and input a duration and description. The rate will be pre-filled based on the established rate hierarchy. In order to save the time entry you need to click on Submit Time. When submitted, the Activity will be added to the matter defined in step 4 and will not be associated with the communication log.
- In order to file the email, finish writing it and click Send. Clio Manage will file the newly sent email as an email log in that matter's communications. Attachments are saved into Clio Manage Documents.