- How to use the Match function on Excel
- How to find the position of a value
- For more information click here
- MATCH is an Excel function used to locate the position of a lookup value in a row, column, or table. It returns a row a number representing its position
- Syntax: =MATCH (lookup_value, lookup_array, [match_type])
- Lookup_value: is the value you want to search
- Lookup_array: the array (column or row) you want to find the lookup_value in
- Match_type: optional, use 0 for exact match,1 for exact or the next smallest (default), -1 = exact or next largest.