- Apply a credit note on a Bill
- How to add a write-off to a Bill
- How to add a credit note on a Bill
- Writing off a remaining balance
- How to write off a Bill
- How to write off unpaid amounts on bills
- Write off a Bill
- How to create a credit note on a Bill
- How to waive Balance on Bill
- Adjust bill total
- Apply a writeoff
- Add a write off without adding a payment
- How to Apply a Credit Note Before Bill is Paid
- How is a Credit Note Different from a Discount?
- Bills must be Approved and in Unpaid status in order to apply a 'Write-Off' or 'Credit Note'.
- This is not the workflow if you are looking to credit the client for an overpayment made to a previous bill. That workflow is best handled by one of these methods: Applying Overpayments to Bills
- If you accidentally double-charged a Time Entry or Expense and no payment has been made on a Bill, here are the steps on how to void the Bill.
- Click here for information on how to delete a Time Entry or Expense Entry.
- How Do I Show a Refund on My Bill?
This procedure is best if you want to apply a Credit Note or Write-Off independent of a payment (that process is the next section below).
- Locate and open the Bill that you want to apply a Credit Note to (by clicking the Bill ID number)
- Click the Credit notes sub-tab
- Click Add credit note
- Enter any applicable information
- (Optional) Add notes in the Description box, for future reference
- Click Save credit note
This procedure is best if you want to Write-Off the remainder of a Bill while you are applying a payment.
- Locate and view the Bill that you want to apply a Write-Off to (by clicking the Bill ID number)
- Click the More actions button
- Click Record Payment
- Enter in the Source (as Direct Payment if no other Payment is being recorded right now)
- Enter the Payment Amount. This can be a partial payment amount so that you can write-off the remaining amount, or enter a payment of 0 if you are writing off the entire outstanding amount shown. Once you click outside of this box, the 'Write offs' box shown below will appear, with the amount that will be written off.
- Tick the box under Write offs to write-off the remaining amount shown
- (Optional) Add notes in the Description box, for future reference. Please note that the Description would only be available for future reference for partial write-offs with the Direct Payment selected as the Source (Not Credit Card).
- Click Record Payment