- Transfer funds between Matters for the same client
- Transfer Trust funds between Matters
- Transfer Operating funds from one Matter to another
- Apply funds to a different Matter than where they are under
- Clio Manage
This process will only work if both Matters are listed under the same Client contact. If the Matters belong to different Clients, you would need to Disburse Funds from the current Matter, then add them as a New Transaction to the other Matter.
Make sure the receiving Matter status is "Open".
For information on how to display Matter to Matter Transfers on a Bill's Client Account, see here.
- Access the page for either of the Matters
- Click the Transactions sub-tab
- Select the desired Account (from the menu on the left, under "Transactions")
- Click Transfer funds
- Select Between matters
- For Source, select the Matter where the funds are currently being held
- For Destination, choose the Matter where you wish to move the funds
- Enter the Amount being transferred
- Fill in any additional information
- Click Record Transfer
Note: For Step 6, if you are expecting your Matters to appear, but only see "Client Balance" as the sole option under "Source", then you need to go back to Step 3 and select the correct account before clicking Transfer funds, as you may be looking at Operating Account funds instead of Trust Funds.