- Keep track of client payments before the Bill has been sent out/approved/mailed
- Record a Pre-Payment, Credit or Advanced Fees
- How to add credit to Clients operating account
- How to save funds without a Bill
- Clio Manage
This is step 1 of a 2-step workaround for keeping track of payments made in real life by the client to the firm, before a Bill has been approved and issued to the client. This gives the client a "credit" in the Operating Account that can later be applied to a Bill.
Step 2: Applying previously recorded payments on a Bill, click here.
For Clio's typical Billing Workflow please see the "Billing Workflow" article.
- Locate the Matter/Contact who has given money in real life
- Click Transactions
- Select the Operating Account from the Ledger dropdown
- Click the green Add button
- Fill in the desired information
- Click Record Transaction