- To fix a mistake made on a Trust/Client Request, as the payment was received in error
- Correct misapplied Trust/Client Fund deposits
- How do we Delete Trust/Client Request Deposits from Clio?
- Reverse Trust/Client Request Payment
- Remove Trust/Client Payment recorded in error
- How to disburse funds
- Clio Manage
- Once a payment has been received on a Trust/Client Request, it cannot be deleted (although credit card payments via Clio Payments can be voided up until the payment processing has completed). If a payment has been received in error, or if you need to return Trust/Client funds to a client, you must record a disbursement. See here for more details on why we do not allow deletions of Trust/Client Request Payments
- A negative entry will be created in the Trust/Client account ledger showing that the funds have been disbursed.
- Navigate to the Transactions subtab of the Contact or the Matter (whichever you have assigned the Trust/Client funds to)
- Select the Trust/Client account
- Click Disburse/Release Funds
- Fill in the relevant fields
- Click Record Transaction
- Once funds are disbursed, re-enter the payment as a new transaction within the Trust/Client account