- To fix a mistake made on a Trust Request, as the payment was received in error
- Correct misapplied Trust Fund deposits
- How do we Delete Trust Request Deposits from Clio?
- Reverse Trust Request Payment
- Remove Trust Payment recorded in error
- How to disburse funds
- Clio Manage
- If this payment was made via Clio Payments, please see here for steps to refund the funds.
- Once a payment has been received on a Trust Request, it cannot be deleted (although credit card payments via Clio Payments can be voided up until the payment processing has completed). If a payment has been received in error, or if you need to return trust funds to a client, you must record a disbursement. See here for more details on why we do not allow deletions of Trust Request Payments
- A negative entry will be created in the trust account ledger showing that the funds have been disbursed.
- Navigate to the Transactions subtab of the Contact or the Matter (whichever you have assigned the trust funds to)
- Select the trust account
- Click Disburse Funds
- Fill in the relevant fields
- Click Record Transaction
- Once funds are disbursed, re-enter the payment as a new transaction within the trust account