- Save/Forward copies of emails to Clio Matters
- Record of Communications in one place in Clio
- How to use Maildrop to save emails
- Clio Manage
- Email Client
To save a Maildrop address for future use, you can make it a Contact in your Email program by following these steps: "How to add Maildrop Email Address as a Contact in your Email Provider".
If you are using Gmail, Clio's Gmail Add-on will be more efficient than using Maildrop. Download it here.
If you are using Outlook, the Clio Outlook add-in will be more efficient than using the Maildrop. Instructions for downloading it are here.
If you want to log an email without associating it to a Matter, click the main "Communications" tab on the left and copy the Maildrop address from there.
- Open Matter you want to save an email to.
- Click on the Communications sub-tab.
- Click the ▼ beside the New Email Log button.
- Click Copy matter Maildrop address
- Open your email program
- Open the email message that you want to save in Clio
- Select "Forward"
- Paste the Maildrop email into the To:, Bcc:, or Cc: fields
- Send the email.
Back in Clio, you will now be able to view a record of the forwarded email message in the Communications sub-tab of the appropriate Matter. Any attachments from this email will also be saved to the respective Matter.