- Bringing over previous balances into Clio
- Inputting prior accounts receivables
- Record previous Accounts Receivables within Clio
- Add rollover balances
- Enter beginning balances
To complete the process a Bill has to be generated and Approved so that the previous A/R is displayed as A/R for that Matter/Client in Clio. You can generate the Invoice right away, or wait for your billing time where there may be new time entries added to bill.
For more information on creating and managing Activity Categories, see here.
For more information on creating Time Entries, see here.
- Create an Activity category
- Navigate to the Activities tab on the black bar on the left-hand side
- Click on the Manage categories button (top-right)
- Click Add a category
- Enter the Name (e.g., Outstanding Balance)
- Select Flat Rate as the Billing method
- Leave the Rate as 0.00
- Click Save category
- Create a Time Entry for the balance
- Access the page for the appropriate matter
- Navigate to the Activities sub-tab
- Select Add time
- Select the created Activity category
- Enter the Rate with the outstanding balance
- Click Save entry