- I have extra client funds; how do I give the trust funds back?
- How to give a client back trust funds?
- How to disburse/release trust funds?
- How to disburse/release client funds?
- How to pay a third party charge or fee from Trust?
- How do I enter a refund to a client from their IOLTA account?
- How do I record a client refund from my IOLTA account?
- How to refund unused trust funds?
- How to record a retainer refund?
- Clio Manage
- On the EU Server, the button will say Release Funds instead of Disburse Funds.
- Trust/Client funds may be assigned to either a Client or a Matter. For more details see: Trust/Client Account Management in Clio
- If you are using the Quickbooks Online integration refer to https://support.clio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360056656453 for additional features
- Navigate to the Contact or Matter depending on where the trust funds are recorded
- Click the Transactions sub-tab
- Select your Trust/Client Account ledger out of the drop-down menu at the top-left (beside the date range)
- Click Disburse/Release Funds
- Fill in the Amount
- Click Record Transaction