- I have extra client funds; how do I give the trust funds back?
- How to give a client back trust funds
- How to return client funds
- How to disburse/release funds
- How to disburse/release trust funds
- How to disburse/release client funds
- How to pay a third party charge or fee from Trust
- How to withdraw funds
- How do I enter a refund to a client from their IOLTA account?
- How do I record a client refund from my IOLTA account?
- How to refund unused trust funds
- How to record a retainer refund
- Clio Manage
- On the EU Server, the button will say Release Funds instead of Disburse Funds.
- Once funds are added to a Client's Trust/Client Account Ledger, they can be used to make payments on that client's invoices. But, sometimes, these funds need to be disbursed back to the client or to a 3rd party. This article will show how to disburse funds from the Trust/Client account.
- Trust/Client funds may be assigned to either a Client or a Matter. For more details see: Trust/Client Account Management in Clio
- Go to the Contact or Matter depending on where the trust funds are located
- Click the Transactions sub-tab
- Select your Trust/Client Account ledger out of the drop-down menu at the top-left (beside the date range)
- Click Disburse/Release Funds
- Fill in the Amount
- Click Record Transaction