- Remove Void from a Bill
- Remove Draft from a Bill
As a rule of thumb, a Draft or Voided Bill cannot be Paid. In order to apply a payment, you must first Approve the Bill -- then, the option to Record Payment will appear.
See More: Recording Payments on Bills
The DRAFT watermark indicates that the Bill has not been Approved yet, and is still in a Draft state. To remove the watermark, please Approve the Bill.
The VOID watermark indicates that the Bill had been voided by a User at the Firm. All of the entries on the Bill would have returned back to being Unbilled, allowing you to re-generate the invoice if needed.
See More: Billing Workflow: Options and Bill States
(To remove the watermark by changing the invoice status)
- If the Bill is showing "DRAFT":
- When viewing the Bill, click More Actions > Approve
- The Bill will go into an "UNPAID" -- aka, an "Approved" state.
- If the Bill is showing "VOID":
- You cannot "un-void" a Bill -- the entries have already returned to being "Unbilled", and may already be on a different invoice.
(To fully remove the watermark, even when in Void/Draft state)
- Select the gear icon to access the settings
- Select Billing
- Click on the Bill Themes sub-tab
- Select the appropriate Bill Theme
- Select Watermark from the left menu
- Un-check either Show Draft Watermark or Show Void Watermark