- How to import Matter Custom Fields into Clio Manage?
- How to bulk upload Matter Custom Fields into Clio Manage?
- How to add Matter Custom Field Information to the spreadsheet template?
- How to populate Matter Custom Fields CSV for import into Clio?
- Clio Manage
- This can only be performed after all Contacts and Matters already exist in Clio
- When updating the column headers, remove the wording "Custom Field" and replace it with the Custom Field name. Custom Field names must be an exact match (including spacing) to those in Clio.
- The matter must be an exact match to the Matter Display Number in Clio
- If importing Custom Field data to a large number of existing Matters, export your matter list into a separate CSV and copy and paste the Matter Display Numbers into column A
- This import only works if the Custom Fields are not already applied to the Matter and will not change any information that is already entered in Custom Fields
- Checkbox values should be True (Checked) or False (Unchecked)
- On the Imports page, the State will change to Complete once the import is finished. The Successes will remain at 0 and you may see Failures as no new Notes were imported, however the data has been added to each field
- The Custom Field must not be created as Required before importing the Custom Field data. If the Custom Field is set as Required, this must be adjusted within the Custom Field Settings before importing the CSV
- The Custom Field can only be created as Default if they are created after Contacts and Matters have been imported. If a Custom Field is created as Default before Contacts or Matters are imported, this may cause your import to fail with the error message: "duplicate values found in row ID".
- Dates: dates need to be in mm/dd/yyyy format.
- Create the relevant Custom Fields in Clio (if they do not already exist)
- Open this template
- Populate the spreadsheet with your Matter Custom Fields information:
- matter: Must be an exact match for a Matter Display Number in Clio (excluding the description) You can get this info by exporting your Matters
- Update the column headers to exactly match the name of each Custom Field which you created in Step 1, and populate each columns with their respective data
- Save the file in CSV format
- Import the file by following the steps below: