- To merge unique information/data for Contacts/clients that are for the same person
- To merge unique information/data for Matters/cases/files that relate to the same issue
- To consolidate multiple Contacts or multiple Matters into one location
- Combine Clients
- Clio Web App
- This does not apply to true identical/duplicate Contacts that contain exactly the same information in both Contacts. To delete true identical/duplicate Contacts click here.
- Bills and any associated Payments are linked at the Matter level; changing the Client on a Matter will link those items to the new Client
There is no option to merge individual Contacts together. In order to consolidate this information follow the steps listed below:
- Click on Contacts
- Find the Contact that has less associated information and click Edit
- Change the Last Name of the Contact by adding a "2"
- Click Update Person
- Go into this Contact Card and move over Matters by clicking Edit on any Matters in the Matter sub-tab
- In the Find Client field of the Matter select the secondary Contact that does not have a "2"
- Click Update Matter
- Go into any remaining tabs of the Contact and link the information to the other Contact (i.e. Matters, Related Matters, Transactions, Notes, Documents, Communications, Clio Connect)
- From the Contact Card or main Contacts page Delete the Contact