- Assigning multiple clients per Matter
- Clio Web App
- At this time, you are only able to have one primary Client per Matter in Clio, however some general methods of doing this are listed below
- This article also provides more detailed steps in reflecting multiple clients within a single Matter
- If John Smith and Jane Smith are the people you want to attach to one Matter, you can create a new Contact with "John & Jane" in the First Name field and "Smith" in the Last Name field.
- You could also create a Matter or Contact Custom Field, call it "Additional Client", for example, and have the "Type" set to "Contact Select". For further steps on how to create a Custom Field, please see the following: Custom Fields: Creating Contact & Matter Custom Fields & Sets.
- Alternately, once the Matter has been created, you can add the second Client as a related contact from the Contacts sub-tab of the Matter itself. For instructions, please see: Adding Related Contacts to a Matter