- Closing a Matter
- Changing a Matter Status to Closed
- Clio Web App
Closed Matters will also no longer appear in the search/picklist dropdown menus. To add Time, Tasks, etc. to a Closed Matter, you must navigate to the relevant sub-tabs within the Closed Matters itself.
- If a Matter is set to Closed, Any Time Entries, Expense Entries, Bills, Calendar Entries, Communication Logs, Documents, Secure Messages and Tasks associated to the Matter will not be deleted or removed from the account.
- To access the Closed Matter, select Matters and Closed.
- If there are any outstanding unbilled Activities at the time the Matter Status is change, this will still be billable.
- If there are documents shared via Clio Connect, closing the Matter will not stop sharing them. To stop sharing the documents, please follow this article: How to Stop Sharing Something Shared via Clio Connect.