- To change the Matter Number of an existing Matter
- Matter Number Override process
- How to start a new Matter Numbering Scheme
- Clio Manage
If you're unable to find a Matter during the override process, this means that the Matter is Closed.
Only users with Administrator permissions will have access to the 'Matter Numbering' tab.
For more information on Matters that aren’t visible on the Matter Tab, please click here
Matter Number Override will modify the 5 digit automated Matter Number that was assigned upon Matter creation. For example, if Clio assigned the Matter Number 00001-Smith it is possible to use the Matter Number Override to change '00001' to '12345'.
- Go to Settings
- Select Firm Preferences
- Select Matter Numbering
- Click Open in the "Matter Number Override" section at the bottom of the page
- Enter the Matter Number you want to change in the "Matter" field
- Enter the new Matter Number you want to change it to in the "New Matter Number" field
- Click Update