How to Override a Matter Number
- To change the Matter Number of an existing Matter
- Matter Number Override process
- How to start a new Matter Numbering Scheme
- If you're unable to find a Matter during the override process, this means that the Matter is Closed.
- Only users with Administrator permissions will have access to the 'Matter Numbering' tab.
- For more information on Matters that aren’t visible on the Matter Tab, please click here
- Matter Number Override will modify the 5 digit automated Matter Number that was assigned upon Matter creation. For example, if Clio assigned the Matter Number 00001-Smith it is possible to use the Matter Number Override to change '00001' to '12345'.
- Go to Settings
- Select Firm Preferences
- Select Matter Numbering
- Click Open in the "Matter Number Override" section at the bottom of the page
- Enter the Matter Number you want to change in the "Matter" field
- Enter the new Matter Number you want to change it to in the "New Matter Number" field
- Click Update