- Quickbooks Error Code (6000): Business Validation Error: You must set a transaction amount
- Quickbooks Error Code (6000): Business Validation Error: You cannot modify a list element that has been deleted
- Quickbooks Error Code (6000): The Amount Paid (plus credits) can't be less than the selected bills. Also, the selected bills can't be less than the selected credits.
- Code (6000): Business Validation Error: Make sure all your transactions have a GST/HST rate before you save.
- Clio Web App
- Bill Syncing
- Quickbooks Online
- The error message will further specify what information it is looking to adjust, so this means it will say Payment, Credit Note, Tax, etc. There should be no effect on the sync.
- For a full list of Quickbook Error Codes click here.
- To find Quickbooks errors click here.
- A transaction was entered as $0.00. Possible multi-matter bill where they entered a payment for one of the Matters but didn't pay the others.
- A Contact in Quickbooks Online was made inactive.
- A payment was applied to the Bill before the payment or credit note synced over the Quickbooks.
- The bill is a different currency from the currency that is normally used in Clio.
1. Go into the specific payment / credit note / tax line, and enter an amount in the payment field.
2. Activate the Contact within Quickbooks.
3. Either manually create the Credit Memo in Quickbooks OR delete the credit note in Clio, wait for a bit (an hour) and then re-add the note to the Bill.
4. If you have a bill in Clio that uses a different currency, manually create bills that use alternate currencies in Quickbooks.
5. Ensure that there's a tax code for each line of taxation. Global companies need a taxcode at each line of taxation (https://help.developer.intuit.com/s/question/0D5G000004SteYeKAJ/business-error-make-sure-all-your-transaction-have-a-gsthst-rate-before-you-save).
To be treated as non-taxable, items must be assigned a Tax Category in Autotask and a Sales Tax Rate in QuickBooks Online that have a 0% tax rate. For the non-US version of QuickBooks, this configuration is a requirement.
To resolve the error:
1. Set up a Tax Category in Autotask and set the Tax to 0%.
- Make sure to set up this Tax against the Tax Category for every appropriate Tax Region.
2. Set up a Sales Tax Rate in QuickBooks Online with a 0% Tax Rate.
- Make sure it is named identically to the Tax you created in Autotask.
3. Retry the invoice sync by clearing ERROR from the Invoice Number field in Invoice History in Autotask.