- Quickbooks Error Code (2050) : Invalid ________. String length specified does not match the supported length. Min:0 Max: _____ supported. Supplied length: _____
- Quickbooks Error Code (2050) : Invalid DocNumber. String length specified does not match the supported length
- QuickBooks Error Code (2050): Invalid CustomerMemo. String length specified does not match the supported length
- What does the CustomerMemo field refer to in QuickBooks Online Sync failures?
- What does Invalid DocNumber refer to in the Quickbooks Online Sync failures?
- Clio Manage
- Quickbooks Online
- For a full list of Quickbook Error Codes click here.
- To find Quickbooks errors click here.
- Issue can also be caused by more than 1000 characters within a Description Box for Line Items.
There are a few possible causes for this:
1. Data included when creating the Contact cannot be pulled over due to too many characters. For example, a phone number related to the Contact has over 21 characters included.
2. The Invoice ID # is too long.
3. The CustomerMemo field refers to the total length of the Matter Numbers (names) for each of the Matters on a bill. The total number of characters in the Matter Numbers present on the bill cannot exceed the 1,000 character limit.
The steps below pertain to each of the causes listed above.
1. Adjust the number of characters in the specified field to be within the allowed amounts.
2. Edit the Invoice ID # to shorten it.
3. Update your matter numbering scheme to ensure that the length of each Matter Number is short enough that the combined total equals less than 1,000 characters. For more information on creating and updating the Matter Numbering scheme, see here.