- Quickbooks Error Code (2500): Invalid Reference Id. Something you're trying to use has been deleted. Check the fields with accounts, customers, items, vendors or employees.
- Clio Manage
- Quickbooks Online
- For a full list of Quickbook Error Codes that you might encounter, click here.
- For more information on how you can find Quickbooks errors in your account, click here.
A few possible causes of this error message could be:
- The item referenced was deleted in QBO or Clio.
- The Contact may have originally been duplicated in Clio. Then the incorrect Contact was deleted in QuickBooks Online, leaving no Contact for Clio to sync future updates/items, which would produce this 2500 error.
- If you are tracking firm users on bills (see here), a Class or Subclass related to a User in Clio may have been deleted
Change the name of the remaining QBO Contact to something unique, clicking Re-sync on the QBO error for the Contact itself, and then in QBO merging the previously existing contact into the newly created one. For details on how to merge a Contact within QBO, please see here.
If you are seeing a "Code (2500): Invalid Reference Id : Klasses element id not found" error, see here.
This is only one example of solving this issue, and other situations may exist. If further assistance is needed you can call our Support Line at 1-888-858-2546.