- How to use Matter / Client Custom Fields information in Document Templates
- Clio Manage
- Custom Merge Fields will only populate if the Custom Field is currently enabled in the selected Matter (or the Matter's Client)
- Custom Merge Fields will only populate if the Custom Field names use only alphanumeric characters (A-Z, 0-9). They cannot include any symbol such as an apostrophe ('). Please click here to edit Custom Fields.
- Do the following procedure to ensure that you are seeing the Custom Field merge fields exactly as they will appear when they have data in them. Specifically, Contact Select custom fields must have data in them to get the correct merge field for your document.
- Click Settings
- Click Documents
- Fill in the Select a Matter field
- Find the Custom Merge Field
- Click the Clipboard beside the Field
- Paste the Field into the Document Template