- Determine why a Practice Area doesn't have the "Delete" option
- Delete Practice Area
- Clio Manage
- Clio only lets you delete a Practice Area if it is not assigned to a Matter. If there are certain ones you want to delete you will need to edit any Matters that Practice Area is assigned to and change it to a different Practice Area.
- If you want, an easy way to figure out what Matters are attached to what Practice Area is to go to the main "Matters" page, select the "All" button, and add "Filter" for "Practice Area"
- Please note, that it is possible that some Matters may have a Matter Permission set that will remove the ability for you to see or edit the Matter. If you have edited all Matters with the assigned Practice Area, and you still do not see the option to delete the Practice Area within your settings, then please confirm with other firm members if there are Matter within this Practice Area with a Matter Permission setup.
- Managing Practice Areas (Creating, Applying, Removing)
Because the Practice Area is in use (assigned to a Matter).