- A double-entry is created in Quickbooks Online when a disbursement check is created in Quickbooks and a Disbursement entry is pushed from Clio to Quickbooks Online
- Clio Manage
- Quickbooks Online
If you create Disbursement Checks from Client Trust in QuickBooks Online, we recommend turning off the "Trust disbursements" export option in Clio's QBO Trust Sync.
Both Disbursement Checks and the "Trust disbursements" export option in Clio's QBO Trust Sync are designed to create identical information and using both will lead to the same transactions being created twice in a QuickBooks Online Account. Firms should work with their Accountants to determine which one of the two options is best to use.
- When Trust is Disbursed from an Account in Clio and the "Trust disbursements" export option is turned on, a journal entry representing that disbursement is sent to QuickBooks Online. If a User were to then create a Disbursement Check in QuickBooks Online, an identical journal entry is created.
- Navigate to https://app.clio.com/nc/#/settings/bill_syncing/qbo/sync_settings
- Under the "Export trust transactions" section, uncheck the box labelled "Trust disbursement"
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save sync settings"