- A double-entry is created in Quickbooks Online when a disbursement check is created in Quickbooks and a Disbursement entry is pushed from Clio to Quickbooks Online
- Clio Web App
- The following solutions are suggestions. It is up to the accountants to determine what the best course of action is.
- Contact Support and request a vote for the feature request to allow the creation of disbursement checks in Clio which would resolve the double-entry issue.
- In Clio, a Disbursement from Trust is entered and pushed to Quickbooks with the New Trust Sync feature. When the user creates a Disbursement check in Quickbooks Online, a double entry is created.
- Print the check in QuickBooks Online once the transaction has synced over:
- In Clio, disburse the funds (How to Disburse Trust Funds)
- Wait for the transaction to sync over
- Once synced over, find the transaction by going to Accounting and clicking on the account
- Click on the transaction
- Click on Edit
- Click on Print or Preview
- Click on Print Check
- Uncheck the box "Sync Disbursements" in Clio when setting up the Trust Sync
- Turn off the Clio to Quickbooks Trust sync to prevent the double-entry from being created