- Import Activities (Time and Expense Entries) into Clio Manage
- Bulk upload activities (Time and Expense Entries) into Clio Manage
- Add Activities (Time and Expense Entries) to the spreadsheet template
- Populate Activities CSV for import into Clio
- Clio Manage
- Do not modify the column headers as they are mapped into Clio
- Activities will appear as unbilled when imported into Clio.
- Activities must be imported on a per user basis into Clio. This may require breaking up Activities into separate CSVs for each user. The user must have an active subscription.
- Activity Categories can be Imported as part of the Activities Import (through the activity_description field). A new one will be created if it is not an exact match to an Activity Category already in Clio.
- Open this template
- Populate the spreadsheet with your Activities information:
- matter: Must be an exact match for a Matter Display Number in Clio (this would be the full matter name, not including what comes after the colon, i.e. not the Matter description)
- date: Must be in the date format saved in your Clio Settings (either MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY)
- Make sure to use a 4 digit year, or else entries may import as "05/05/0019" instead of "05/05/2019"
- activity_description: Must be an exact match for an Activity Category in Clio or a new one will be created (can optionally be left blank)
- note: Corresponds to the Description field in Clio
- price: Rate (or value of each Expense)
- quantity: Duration for Time Entries; Quantity for Expenses
- type: Can be left blank for Time Entries or populated with ExpenseEntry for Expenses
- activity_user: Must be an exact match for a User in Clio or can be left blank and selected during the import if all entries are for the same person
- non_billable: Must be 'yes', 'true', 'y', or '1' to mark an activity as non-billable. Will be marked as billable if left blank or other text is input
- Save the file in CSV format
- Import the file by following the steps below:
- Open Clio's Import page:
- Click Add
- Under Import select Activities from CSV
- In the User dropdown menu, select the Clio User who will be responsible for the imported entries
- Click Choose File
- Select the CSV file you saved in step 3
- Click Upload File