- Import Activities (Time and Expense Entries) into Clio Manage
- Bulk upload activities (Time and Expense Entries) into Clio Manage
- Add Activities (Time and Expense Entries) to the spreadsheet template
- Populate Activities CSV for import into Clio
- How to Import Unbilled Time into Clio
- Microsoft Excel
- Clio Manage
- Do not modify the column headers as they are mapped into Clio
- Activities will appear as unbilled when imported into Clio.
- Activities must be imported on a per user basis into Clio. This may require breaking up Activities into separate CSVs for each user. The user must have an active subscription.
- Time Entry Activity Categories can be Imported as part of the Activities Import (through the activity_description field). A new one will be created if it is not an exact match to an Activity Category already in Clio. *Please note, expense activity categories CANNOT be imported at this time.
- Open this template
- Populate the spreadsheet with your Activities information:
- matter: Must be an exact match for a Matter Display Number in Clio (this would be the full matter name, not including what comes after the colon, i.e. not the Matter description)
- date: Must be in the date format MM/DD/YYYY
- Make sure to use a 4 digit year, or else entries may import as "05/05/0019" instead of "05/05/2019"
- / should be used as the separator
- activity_description: Must be an exact match for an Activity Category in Clio or a new one will be created (can optionally be left blank)
- note: Corresponds to the Description field in Clio
- price: Rate (or value of each Expense)
- quantity: Duration for Time Entries( Duration needs to be in Decimal places instead of Hours) ; Quantity for Expenses
- type: Can be left blank for Time Entries or populated with ExpenseEntry for Expenses (add in time or expense category if you have exported activities specifically for one or the other. It leaves Type blank if you only export Time OR Expense)
- activity_user: Must be an exact match for a User in Clio or can be left blank and selected during the import if all entries are for the same person
- non_billable: Must be 'yes', 'true', 'y', or '1' to mark an activity as non-billable. Will be marked as billable if left blank or other text is input
- Save the file in CSV format
- Import the file by following the steps below:
- Open Clio's Import page:
- Click Add
- Under Import select Activities from CSV
- In the User dropdown menu, select the Clio User who will be responsible for the imported entries
- Click Choose File
- Select the CSV file you saved in step 3
- Click Upload File