- Assign L and A Code to Time and Expense Entries
- Use ABA Task and Activity Codes
- Set codes for LEDES Billing
- Clio Manage
From the ABA website, 'Whereas task codes track time associated with tangible work product accomplished (e.g., motion, deposition), activity codes describe how the work was performed (e.g., communicating, drafting).'
To make UTBMS Codes available to select for Activities you must first enable them in Bill Settings (UTBMS Codes).
- Go to the Activities page or tab in matter
- Click on New time entry or New expense
- For Time Entries, select an activity code in the Activity category field and a task code in the UTBMS task code menu
- For Expense Entries, select a UTBMS expense code
- Input any other details needed
- Click Save entry