The Clio Cloud Conference is happening October 26-29. Save your spot.

How to Record a Bounced Check


  • How to Record an NSF (non-sufficient funds) Check
  • Recording fraudulent checks
  • Record a chargeback from a credit card payment
  • When a check comes back as insufficient funds
  • Recording Cheques
  • Cheque chargeback 


  • Clio Manage

Additional Information:



  1. Delete the Payment from the Bill in question
  2. Navigate to the Transaction tab within the Matter
  3. Select the operating account from the account drop-down
  4. Add a new Transaction for the amount that was processed originally
  5. Add another negative Transaction to reflect the chargeback or bounced check
  6. Populate the Description with the reason for the return
  7. Select Record Transaction
Was this article helpful?
This information is confusing or wrong
This isn't the information that I was looking for
I don't like this functionality