- Add Matter Information to the spreadsheet template
- Populate Matters CSV for import into Clio
- Contacts must be imported before Matters for them to be linked properly
- Rows 2 and 3 are meant to serve as example information and can be deleted
- If this information already exists in a separate spreadsheet, you can copy and paste it into the corresponding columns in the Template
- You can edit the Export Matter Template to have two separate columns for the Contacts.
- You can not import the Originating Attorney.
- Use the steps here for importing
- If you plan to use the Matter Number (Per Year) option in your Matter Numbering Scheme, please be advised that the open_date should accurately reflect the year the matters were opened.
- Open this template
- Populate the spreadsheet with your Matter information
- description: your specific case information (Required)
- practice_area: the general type of law
- custom_number: the number that will display if the account is set to a manual numbering system (otherwise this can be left blank)
- client_first_name, client_last_name and client_company_name: for linking the matters to the contacts and should match exactly with the first/last/company names in your Contact import (or existing Contacts in Clio)
- note: will create an entry in the Notes tab of the Matter using the Subject 'Matter import notes'
- open_date and close_date: to be populated with the applicable dates in MM-DD-YY format
- status: Open, Closed or Pending
- billable: enter 'No' for not billable or leave blank if billable
- responsible_attorney: must be an exact match for an Attorney user on your account; you can also set this in the import
- Save the file in CSV format